WHAT IS THE PURGATORY SOCIETY?
It is a long standing tradition for us to pray for our loved ones who have gone before us. We pray as individuals for them all the time. We ask friends to pray for them at times. Some make use of the Mass Intention as a way to have the Church pray for them.
The Purgatory Society of Saintly Acres is another way to have prayers offered for your loved one, this time by a hermit. By enrolling your loved one in this society, you are asking me to include them in my daily prayers and Mass memento.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE RECEIVED BY ENROLLING A LOVED ONE IN THE PURGATORY SOCIETY?
- You will receive a certificate of enrollment. Certificates come in a leatherette folder fit for display for years to come.
- Those enrolled will have their name placed on a plaque that hangs in my private chapel where I pray and say Mass.
- They will be remembered in my daily intercessions.
- They will be remembered in the memento of daily Mass.
- They will be included in a Mass offered for them on the first Saturday of each month.
HOW LONG ARE THEY ENROLLED FOR?
The enrollment is perpetual for the life of Saintly Acres.
CAN I ENROLL A PERON IN THE PURGATORY SOCIETY IF THEY ARE STILL LIVING?
It may sound like a funny question at first, but I have been asked many times. At first I said they needed to be deceased. But I have had a change of heart. I have decided to add their name on the plaque with an asterisk. These will be remembered in my prayers for a happy death and for final perseverance. If they pass before me, they will then be included in my prayers for the poor souls in purgatory.
WHAT DOES THE PLAQUE AND CERTIFICATE LOOK LIKE?
To see the plaque click HERE
And here is a picture of the folder and certificate:
WHAT IS THE DONATION TO HAVE A LOVED ONE ENROLLED?
The donation is $100 per person.
HOW DO I ENROLL A LOVED ONE IN THE PURGATORY SOCIETY?
To enroll a loved one in the Purgatory Society please fill out the form below:
- Enter the persons status:
- Deceased – I will include them in my prayers for the souls in purgatory
- Living – I will pray for their happy death and final perseverance
- Enter the persons name.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Be sure to enter your address when prompted. This information is needed for me to send you the certificate folder.