Hermit at Prayer
What does my prayer life look like?
This is still in the design phase but as of right now it looks something like this:
- Mass and Holy Hour
- All 7 hours of the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours)
- Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Lectio Divina
- Meditation and Contemplation as directed by God
- Spiritual Reading
- Reading the Lives of the Saints
- Ejaculatory prayers as inspired
- Fridays, I add the praying of the Stations of the Cross
Special Daily Prayers:
- Monday - Prayer for Priests
- Tuesday - Mother of Perpetual Help
- Wednesday - Prayer for Humility
- Thursday - Litiney of St. Joseph
- Friday - Stations of the Cross
- Sacrifice of the world in favor of solitude with God
- Life of simplicity
- Offering up of daily labor
- Wednesdays and Fridays are both fast and abstinence
- Fridays, I may include a short meditation on the passion with use of a discipline (discipline is used meditatively and not to inflict pain or cause any harm to the body)
- Daily Eucharist
- Confession every 2 weeks or as needed
Purgation and Integration:
- Always work on eliminating concupiscence and all attachments to the world as a life long task, especially working on the 7 Capital Sins.
- Always work on integrating the Theological & Cardinal Virtues, the Gifts & Fruits of the Holy Spirit, the Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy, and all moral virtues in general
Everyday I try to cover all the following: (this is currently an old list. The new one is much longer)
For our enemies – bless them – grant them your mercy – bring them to conversion so that they may obtain salvation.
For Holy Mother Church
• That She may regain Her moral voice in the world.
• That she may be victorious over modernism and other heresies.
For the clergy
• For an end to the abuses of the Mass and sacraments
• For the faithful teaching of Faith and morals
• They will put the glory of God and the salvation of souls ahead of their own selfish ambitions, the need for friendship, and the desire for fame and power.
• For the hierarchy of the Church, especially Pope N., Bishop N.
• For an increase of vocations
For all the faithful
• Know and believe in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Faith
• Grow in their love for you and each other.
• Keep them healthy, happy and safe
• Faithful Remnant – remain strong, not lose hope
• For my parish… and all the members…
For the Jewish people that they may accept Jesus Christ
For the Protestants, that they may return to the one true Faith
For the infidels and their conversion
• Buddhist, Hindu, Islam
• Cults, New Age and all forms of satanic worship
• Atheist, agnostics, human secularist
• For the end to all false religions through conversion especially Islam.
For the dead
• The poor souls in purgatory; especially those most forgotten who have no one to pray for them
• Those who are to die today, for final conversion and repentance, and for a peaceful death
For all those in authority.
• Do what is right and just for the people they are called to serve
• Know that all authority and power comes from God and that they are responsible and accountable to You.
End to war – Peace in the world
For my country
• For our government and legal system – abide by the Constitution
• For our capitalist system, that generosity may always be a part of it
For current events >>>
For an end to the scourge of abortion and other crimes against humanity…
• Immoral forms of sexuality, especially: homosexuality and other sexual perversion: rape, porn, adultery, fornication, sexting, contraception, conception, transsexuals, transvestites, bestiality, necrophilia, and all forms of fetishes
• Immoral forms of government, especially: socialism, communism, fascism, dictators, totalitarianism, and caliphates.
• Immoral forms of social programs, social welfare, and social entitlements. May they be replaced with something that cares for those in need without punishing the virtue of success.
• Slavery & lack of freedom due to large government
• Sex trafficking and Human trafficking
• Discrimination, intolerance, indifferentism, greed, selfishness
For social virtues of:
• Life, marriage, family, children
• Liberty, human freedom
• Education – rights of the parents – be about truth and not indoctrination
• Caring for the poor, elderly, widows, orphans, stranger
• Golden Rule, truth, justice, patriotism, self control, personal responsibility, self reliance
• Kindness, generosity, patience and forgiveness, mutual respect
• Modesty, chastity, innocence and virginity
• A good work ethic and a desire to contribute to the good of society and the dignity of work
o That people may find in work, Your blessing and personal fulfillment
• Poor, homeless, hungry, widow, orphan and the stranger
• Protection of children, the weak, vulnerable and the shy
• Sick, injured, blind, crippled, deaf, mute, mentally ill, addicts, depressed, and the people who care for them
• Suffering – That people may find in it Your blessing and use it as a means for forgiveness, atonement of their sins, and personal conversion
o May it help them grow and be strengthened in charity, grace and virtue.
• Broken marriages, families and friendships
• Unemployed especially those looking for work
o Rights of workers, management and owners
• Betrayed, mocked, ridiculed, humiliated, embarrassed
• Lonely, abandoned, outcast and forgotten, especially the elderly in nursing homes
• Abused: physically, emotionally, sexually, spiritually, intellectually, peer pressure and bullied
• Safety of travelers
• Victims, the imprisoned, and the guilty who have not been caught
• Farmers - For the weather they need for good crops and the ability to harvest them
• Those who protect us; military, police, fire, rescue, paramedics
For my personal needs, prayers, intercessions
• For my benefactors and members of SAPA…
• For those I have promised to pray for…
• That I may grow in the Evangelical Counsels: poverty, chastity, obedience
• For my personal needs…
• For all those needs I hold deep in my heart
Prayers of thanksgiving >>>
Prayer to St. Francis of Assisi for my animals