Hermit at Prayer
What does my prayer life look like?
This is still in the design phase but as of right now it looks something like this:
- Mass and Holy Hour
- All 7 hours of the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours)
- Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Lectio Divina
- Meditation and Contemplation as directed by God
- Spiritual Reading
- Reading the Lives of the Saints
- Ejaculatory prayers as inspired
- Fridays, I add the praying of the Stations of the Cross
Special Daily Prayers:
- Monday - Prayer for Priests
- Tuesday - Mother of Perpetual Help
- Wednesday - Prayer for Humility
- Thursday - Litiney of St. Joseph
- Friday - Stations of the Cross
- Sacrifice of the world in favor of solitude with God
- Life of simplicity
- Offering up of daily labor
- Wednesdays and Fridays are both fast and abstinence
- Fridays, I may include a short meditation on the passion with use of a discipline (discipline is used meditatively and not to inflict pain or cause any harm to the body)
- Daily Eucharist
- Confession every 2 weeks or as needed
Purgation and Integration:
- Always work on eliminating concupiscence and all attachments to the world as a life long task, especially working on the 7 Capital Sins.
- Always work on integrating the Theological & Cardinal Virtues, the Gifts & Fruits of the Holy Spirit, the Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy, and all moral virtues in general
SORRY - I am unable to upload this file for some reason - I am working on it.
Click HERE to see my Prayer Book which contains my daily intercession prayers.
It alo contains my daily prayers. As you will see, some of these prayers are still being developed.